Thursday, June 17, 2010

Pebble Beotch

It's opening day of the US Open. The second best tournament of the year. However, opening day of the Open doesn't do much for me.

Now, opening day at Augusta is greatness. They always set up the course in such a way (i.e. short, soft) so that old guys (i.e. Couples, Watson) have a chance at a good day.

The Masters is without a doubt superior to the US Open, but Sunday at the US Open is my second favorite sporting day. For me, the Super Bowl comes third...although we've had some badass Super Bowls in recent history.

The only bad thing about the US Open is that, for me, PGA Tour golf is essentially over after this weekend. I have no interest in the British Open and very little interest in the PGA Championship. I'll watch, but the tour has already blown through Texas and the two best majors are over on Sunday (or maybe Monday).

No comments:

Post a Comment