Wednesday, June 16, 2010

breaking the hymen


This is the g-spot's first post. I'm trying out this website to see how it works. If you're reading this, odds are June 16, 2010 has long past. For whatever reason, I've been fascinated with getting rich and famous off the internet. I have about a thousand ideas, but like most people, I do nothing with them. I do write most of them down, but I still do nothing with them. By the time I get home from work and eat dinner, there's no time left to pursue other interests.

Every business book or success coach says to pick a line of work that your passionate about. The internet has made starting websites and blogs beyond easy. In less than 5 minutes anybody can create an online presence. The best part is I can do this anytime I want and I can be anonymous. Now, being anonymous makes it very easy to be brutally honest. And I intend to...

If a course (or a person) sucks, I can tell the world freely. However, being the nice guy that I am, I will offer anyone that I criticise the opportunity to respond. All you have to do is prove you're the person (or course manager/superindentent) and send me an email response to dfwgolfspot@gmail.com.

If you ask, any email you send defending yourself or your course will be posted. While I will not edit your response at all, I reserve the right to remove anything I deem inappropriate. I define inappropriate as anything that could get me in trouble at my straight gig. I hope this openness lends more credence to my opinions and an understanding that I have the consumer - the avid golfer's best interest in mind.

Now, I completely understand that there is very little chance of ever making money on this, but that's not my sole motivation. There are several goals of this website...
1. Entertain myself
2. Give my opinion on golf (and all that implies)
3. Track my quest to play all the privates in DFW
4. Track a little competition I have going on with the guys
5. Criticise and compliment the local DFW courses
6. Make money

No comments:

Post a Comment