Friday, June 18, 2010

Course Conditions - Frisco Lakes - June 12, 2010

Played Frisco Lakes last Saturday and the place is drying out quick. I know there has been no rain around here for some time, but I think they're holding back on some water. I don't know if they're just saving money or stupid, but there is a chance they could loose their course.


Don't get me wrong, the greens roll fine and the fairways are okay...for now. But this place is far from plush. They need rain because it's clear they can't (or won't) put enough water on it.

This winter, they had some of the best turf of any course that didn't overseed. It's ironic that they may be the first course to scratch of my list for the summer.

In a week or two, these fairways will have no turf and you'll have nothing but hardpan lies everywhere...not just fairways. Dry conditions make the course play very short, but I'm looking for plush right now. Hardpan sucks. What's worse is it hasn't even got really hot yet. I hope they don't loose it, because Frisco Lakes is one of my favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment